Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Don't buy fullscreen dvd's.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Don't buy fullscreen dvd's.

    I will admit right off the bat That I hate movies coming out on fullscreen. With that said you should not buy fullscreen dvd's for many reasons but I will keep it down to just a few.
    1. you miss 1/3 of the movie when it is cut up into a fullscreen ratio. They have to chop off the sides of the movie to make is square.
    2. you miss the way the director filmed the movie.
    3. Widescreen---the black bars on top and bottom--you don't even notice when you start watching the movie. they just blend and go away.
    4. When all the tv's are Widescreen and you have all of these fullscreen movies because you coudn't stand the black bars on top and bottom, you are going to have these bid ugly black bars on both sides where as the widescreen would fill it up.

    I think any director that caves to pressure to allow their movie cut up and made into fullscreen is crazy.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_Beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2004
    Posts
    102
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Don't buy fullscreen dvd's.

    yeah i would much much rather just see half of the peoples head's than miss just a little of the back ground.
    You don't have to win it, just don't lose it.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member smarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2003
    Posts
    1,264
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Don't buy fullscreen dvd's.

    LOL good stuff good stuff.

    personally I always buy fullscreen dvds just but hey that's just me.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Don't buy fullscreen dvd's.

    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    yeah i would much much rather just see half of the peoples head's than miss just a little of the back ground.

    [/ QUOTE ]
    how do you figure you only see 1/2 of peoples heads? this is in no way fact. if you see a fullscreen and widescreen side by side you see the same amount of people's heads. Widescreen does not cut off the tops of peoples heads. To make a movie fullscreen they chop off the sides and streach the movie upwards
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Don't buy fullscreen dvd's.

    I prefer widescreen so you can see all the movie.....since it has "been reformatted to fit your screen"
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member one1one's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9th, 2005
    Posts
    808
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Don't buy fullscreen dvd's.

    If you have a pretty good size tv i would get widescreen, but if you had a smaller tv i'd get fullscreen. On a bigger tv the black lines go away really fast and you dont even realize they are there, but on a smaller tv it will drive you crazy.
    [b] "The One and Only"[/b]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Don't buy fullscreen dvd's.

    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I prefer widescreen so you can see all the movie.....since it has "been reformatted to fit your screen"

    [/ QUOTE ]
    Fullscreen is reformatted to fit your screen and thus, you lose the correct aspect of the film.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member LPDBlueDevils's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 26th, 2005
    Posts
    629
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Don't buy fullscreen dvd's.

    I didn't like wide screen until all the DVD's started coming out in wide screen format. After you get used to it you don't notice the black bars.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Don't buy fullscreen dvd's.

    sorry, that is what I meant to say.....I prefer widescreen since full screen has been reformatted
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member triodevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5th, 2005
    Posts
    165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Don't buy fullscreen dvd's.

    OK, admitted novice here, so excuse my question for its simplicity. I too prefer the widescreen format because I don't like the idea of losing part of the movie. So, I've made it a practice to buy widescreen DVDs only. That being said, I've often wondered if and when I do manage to get a widescreen TV, will I be able to watch those widescreen DVDs without the black bars at the top and bottom? My fear is that I'll have the widescreen TV, but I'll still have the black bars. Can anyone tell me?
    You wanted the best, you got the best...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •